By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Emhar Mk IV Male

Full build of this iconic early monster...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Michael McLaughlin18/11/2009 14:10:03
5483 forum posts
2664 photos
11 articles
It's coming together very nicely

Regards
Mike
Andy Mitchell18/11/2009 14:43:14
5432 forum posts
3486 photos
8 articles
Nicely done so far, this brings back memories
Mick Dore18/11/2009 16:24:38
1743 forum posts
9 photos
Great start Andy,

I just dont know how you can cope with all these wheels,

Mick
Andy Claesens18/11/2009 22:42:26
8835 forum posts
7726 photos
16 articles

Cheers chaps, this is a really enjoyable build so far, just different enough to restart my enthusiasm.

On with the show...

Assembling stage 10 looks like this.

The sudden unannounced appearence of the forward section of the running gear is due to the "woolly" fitting I refered to earlier. These two parts have the most positive positioning of all the running gear parts so I decided to fir them early on, as afirm foundation for the rest of the bits. The additions you see above look like the following two pictures below.

Construction during stages 11 and 12 becomes a bit merged here because of my dry-fitting. Here are the two stages as per the instructions and the next post will show my prefered sequence.

to be continued...
Andy Claesens18/11/2009 22:55:11
8835 forum posts
7726 photos
16 articles
...continued

With the forward inner plates fitted, (parts12 and 37), the first easy step is to fit the idlers.

Like so...

The idlers, coupled with the profile of the hull, provides the correct spacing and fit for the forward outer armoured sides, (parts 1 and 3). part 3 on the right hand side is shown below. Then the rear outer armoured sides can be fitted (parts 2 and 4).

Here is the inner view.

Once this is dry the drive sprocket can be fitted and the rear inner panel added. You'll also notice the sudden arrival of the exhaust. The rear silencer box is glued direct ly to the hull and once set the front silencer box locates in three holes further up.

More soon.

Andy
Hakan Guney18/11/2009 23:59:22
357 forum posts
Wonderful machine...I'll watching....Good luck..

Andy Claesens19/11/2009 08:11:51
8835 forum posts
7726 photos
16 articles
Morning all and welcome along Hakan, the more the merrier.

Continuing with the sprocket and the inner panel...

Then once dry this is all repeated on the left hand side.

I am really pleased with the way this has gone together so far. Other than some fairly loose fitting this is a relatively straight forward build.

More later chaps

Andy
Jamie Ferguson19/11/2009 08:47:01
697 forum posts
303 photos
Pip! pip! and hussah!

Jolly decent of you to share these shenanigans with us. Just popped my head in before heading over the top to no-mans-land (work)

*Saunters off over the top with a merry tune on his lips* "Good byee good byeee wipe a tear baby tear from your eyeee"

I say! You there in the ranks, shoulders back chest out and keep a stiff upper lip. What What!

Jamie
Andy Claesens19/11/2009 08:52:23
8835 forum posts
7726 photos
16 articles
Last bit for this morning...

While the left hand side of the hull is drying, I stepped back to Stage 4 to finish the side turrets...

This has been the only real issue I have come up against. The fit of the bottom armour plate to the outer, ( stage 2 to 3) is not that good and the bottom plates required some judicious sanding to get them to fit correctly. Got there in the end though and here is the right-hand turret.

Although i am out at another careers fair tonight I hope to get the hull finished so I can tackle the tracks.

Andy
Andy Claesens19/11/2009 08:54:51
8835 forum posts
7726 photos
16 articles
Well hurrah! with highly polished brass knobs on!

Good to have you along Jamie old chap.

Andy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
EuroMilitaire 2014
Fantasy Printshop
The Airbrush Co Ltd
Advertise
MIG Productions
Casemate
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Miltary Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Euromilitaire Website