By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Tiger Evolution

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Moggeller, PhD16/01/2016 23:50:50
10476 forum posts
2173 photos
29 articles

I know what you're saying Wouter, photographic evidence of a whole Tiger tank is pretty scant except for a few examples, but new pictures pop up all the time and I suspect a lot are kept off the net specifically for private collections. I do believe that if the kit used David as a consultant he will have photographic evidence of those variants. It also leads me to believe that they were probably individually fabricated at the Werkstatte with such variance in the same Abteilung.

Wouter17/01/2016 19:13:10
5723 forum posts
2162 photos

true, although David helped Dragon, they didn't listen completely to him. They suggest certain colors for the camouflage scheme, and he corrected them on his website.

Oh well, hopefully some photos pop up in the future so we can be witness ey teeth 2

Cheers

Moggeller, PhD17/01/2016 19:31:43
10476 forum posts
2173 photos
29 articles

If in doubt Wouter; send him an email via ML or his website. He's very open to questions.

Those instructions look very cool BTW.

Bill

Wouter17/01/2016 19:56:20
5723 forum posts
2162 photos

oh I know, he pointed some things out for my Tiger couple of years ago, that's why I'll be changing stuff on the Tunisia Tiger. At that time I asked his opinion on camouflage of the African Tigers. At that time he told me he told me he was only interested in the mechanical aspects and not paintwise...seems he has changed. Found some interesting threads on Tiger im focus regarding that bit

Cheers

Moggeller, PhD20/01/2016 17:50:25
10476 forum posts
2173 photos
29 articles

Just to let you all know – I am selling some 1/35 Panzer IV & Tiger I stuff on eBay over the next month or so (especially tracks – Magic Tracks & DS Styrene tracks). I am also selling some 1/35 figures; Alpine Miniatures and Evolution Miniatures (P&P to the UK, free to winning bidder).

There will be all sorts of odds & ends coming up over the next few weeks because I have trawled through my stuff that I know I will never use (like the tracks as I prefer white metal ones).

Take a look – you might see something you like.

**LINK**

Good luck if you bid.

Bill

Edited By Moggeller, PhD on 20/01/2016 17:53:00

Moggeller, PhD01/05/2016 13:51:00
10476 forum posts
2173 photos
29 articles

I can't say how surprised I am about this, but I had a little time off my current build project and had a hankering to build something different to a Panzer IV and I had a look in my stash...Cyber Hobby Tiger I command tank, early 1944 variant. I have assembled the wheels and will move on to the hull very shortly. I had intended to do an OOB build, but the longer I spend working on the plastic the more I realise that ain't going to happen, but the additional stuff will be sourced from the PE graveyard that is my Tiger spares box. I'll probably dip in and out of this build during 2016 and once this and the current final Panzer IV is built I'll get some of these tanks painted (at last!)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks for looking in.

Bill

john hutton01/05/2016 15:10:34
4082 forum posts
1636 photos

Hi Bill,

Your building a Tiger 1, so what is not to like wink 2, will be watching and hopefully learning, note pad in hand face 20. Already in with your usual spotless workmanship thumbs up.

John.

Wouter02/05/2016 14:31:33
5723 forum posts
2162 photos

Oh, you made someone really happy mate smile p

Cheers

John Race02/05/2016 15:48:35
5878 forum posts
1273 photos

Bill,

I have to admit that I have never built one as of yetblush----------- cries of shame on that man I hear.

Have one in my stash, but have been put off attempting until I have some more experience, esp as having seen some great builds on here, I shall creep it in one day having read all the posts I can find, it will probably take me a couple of years then.

Will keep an eye out on that link.

John.

Steve Jones 1205/05/2016 22:46:59
3333 forum posts
8510 photos

Bill

Popped in to see how things were going. I'm the same as John as I have still yet to do a Tiger. However Dragon have just rehashed their kit named as Tunisian Initial so may get this one and give it a go

Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
HLJ Oct
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest