1666 forum posts
795 photos
No screens for the top deck?
They should have them, shouldn't they?
Dan
Hercule13/04/2010 06:17:42
492 forum posts
176 photos
that gone a be an amezing Tiger my friend.

olivier
Bob M1Carbine Holmstrom13/04/2010 07:07:09
993 forum posts
1317 photos
Bill - holy hand grenades batman.....9 Tigers.....am I correct on that.  Well Im in for the long haul on this..........staying tuned  

Bob
Philip Appleyard13/04/2010 07:43:57
296 forum posts
222 photos
Hello Major Tigerzard!!!

Off to a mouth watering start Bill, and a very exciting subject for the 1st in the Darwinian kitty parade.
 Do you need anything else from the  Academy Early? PM me.

Cheers Bill... Phil.

Mac McConnell13/04/2010 12:38:08
5663 forum posts
1128 photos
Good luck bill on this mind blowing project no wonder theres a metal shortage out there supprised they can find the brass for all those frets.

Mac
Moggeller, PhD13/04/2010 13:23:01
10354 forum posts
2135 photos
29 articles
Hi Beavie; nice to see you out of hibernation!  Good luck with the Sturmie.  AFV's big brother will get done at the end of this lot.

Man Love Rules!

Bill  X 
Moggeller, PhD13/04/2010 13:32:07
10354 forum posts
2135 photos
29 articles
Hiya Dan; I will use the screens out of the PE set - the pictures are somewhat misleading, but the set does have 'em.

Olivier; nice to have you along, Buddy.

Hi Bob; actually...I have a confession to make (oops).  I bought another 6406 at Cosford on Sunday along with the Voyager Model Jumbo Edition for Tiger 1, late.  OMG!  I must be mad!  At least Barkington'll be pleased; one more into the mix.

Talking of whom; hiya Phil - PM sent, thanks for the offer.  Quite interesting that Academy comes to the detail-freak's rescue here.  Any ideas/thoughts on the rectangular aperture on the engine deck; leave off (i.e. delete) or run with?  Or maybe even add 'early' Feifel (bracketing & piping as seen on the initial Tiger in Achtung Panzer #6).  What do you think?

He he Mac; too right.  My floor is sagging with the weight!  (not...)  Actually; my Tiger 1,late is twice as heavy as the Jagdpanzer IV's - must be the Friuls.

Build update; the MIG resin update is not as 'superior' as expected.  Lower quality moulding with loads of holes, some soft detail casting, some warpage & seam lines to delete as well as thick casting blocks & skip-loads of flash.  Not a patch on Voyager resin casting & not worth the Euroes IMHO.

Abyssinia!

Andy Mitchell13/04/2010 18:35:59
5433 forum posts
3486 photos
8 articles
Hell of a project Bill and good luck to you, this could be the difinitive blog for all of us newbies to the confusing world of the Tiger. I bought that SMI Productions book too and have been sloooowly building a late version but I'm still finding my feet with it. Mighty fine speciment you showed earlier and a shame if you have to cover it in paint!

Good luck with the Karaya tracks BTW and shaving off all the pin marks
Moggeller, PhD13/04/2010 20:36:32
10354 forum posts
2135 photos
29 articles
Hey Andy - wot I haven't talked about yet is Tiger-II-fest.  Plenty to whet the appetite of the big cat lovers.

I would love to see some WIP of your Tiger; thanks for your kind words about the Tamiya one.

I am figuring out where I should put casting numbers on this one;

* snorkel cover
* upper surface of gun mantlet
* armoured exhaust covers

Any suggestions for elsewhere boys?

Bill
Andy Claesens13/04/2010 20:44:07
10849 forum posts
9690 photos
16 articles
Good to see this mahoosive blogfest begin. I'm focusing on finishing 2 more and then if I'm lucky I'll be breaking out the Tiger this weekend!!! Wahay!

Blog on Tiger meister...

Andy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ June 2017
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Battlegate
Parabellum
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest