By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Jagdpanther Diorama (WIP)

1/35 Dragon Late Prod. with Interior

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
meaty hellhound05/08/2010 22:42:32
55 forum posts
497 photos
thanks one and all for the kind words and encouragement, especially with the quality models you guys produce.

i am wondering about using that section of cut wall in the diorama scene as a large broken piece. i may try to use this piece in a realistic manner somehow... i shall ponder this element. cheers, mh.
Duncan06/08/2010 04:32:20
867 forum posts
552 photos
Really great work hellhound! I like what you did with the miniart building!
Trackpad06/08/2010 07:25:04
904 forum posts
438 photos
Very nice work MH,Great alteration on the building,I have big probs with the vac formed stuff from Miniart,i think i am on about my forth one now and there just starting to get to the place were i am happy with doing them.But you seem to have hit hte right mark staight off nice work indeed mate,looking forward to seeing more.

Andy
meaty hellhound06/08/2010 15:45:31
55 forum posts
497 photos
thanks again guys. if it's an consolation Trackpads, i did not expect the Miniart building to be such a difficult build. and i had my lady telling me "don't frustrate yourself with a bad model kit." i had to tell her it wasn't a bad model, there are no bad models... just models that don't want to get put together good

though there were moments when i thought it would be less time to build something from scratch, once the detail were added it began to show its merits. happy modeling. mh
Andy Argent06/08/2010 21:04:19
3373 forum posts
691 photos
Looks great so far, More please
Collin S.09/08/2010 00:20:21
710 forum posts
529 photos
Keeping tuned Meaty Looking great so far, keep it comin'!

Cheers Collin
meaty hellhound10/08/2010 19:12:44
55 forum posts
497 photos
UPDATE: Painted Jagdpanther Interior

hello once again,
first things first, really want to thank everyone for the great replies and words of encouragement. this little diorama is moving forward once again with the Jagdpanther interior painting now completed and ready for more assembly. here is some information with the pics to explain some of the process:

the base ivory colour is a mix of Tamiya white, buff and yellow acrylics. after sealing with Future i applied a oil wash of Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber and Black to the corners and highlighted the large panel areas with Titanium White and Yellow Ochre oil paints drybrushed on using a large flat brush.

the interior was painted ivory as well as Model Master Anti-foaling Red acrylic for the primer areas. again oil washes and highlights were applied as above. i added chipping with a 3/0 brush using enamel raw umber.

you won't see much of the engine radiators but i had mixed some grey oil paints for the radios and such so i went ahead and drybrushed them to add some detail. the front area won't really be seen so i only roughed in some of the wash effects.

the gun breach got more care as it will be easily seen from the three open hatches. again the chipping was applied to areas prone to wear.

the metal for the gun breach was first painted NATO Black and then highlighted using various grey hues of oil paint. highlights were then done with drybrushed silver. only problem is you have to leave the oil paints for a couple of days to dry before you can proceed but i am an old school fan of drybrushing with oil paints.

most of the elements of the interior were painted with heavy contrast between washes and drybrushing because they will be under poor lighting conditions when viewed from the completed model. this will allow the interior to be interesting without looking out of scale.

hope you enjoy, next update will be the Miniart building going through its multi-step painting. happy modeling. cheers, mh.

meaty hellhound13/08/2010 05:38:12
55 forum posts
497 photos
some more progress on the Miniart front:

cheers, mh
Trackpad13/08/2010 18:54:56
904 forum posts
438 photos
Nice work mate looks great,love the interior amazing work just a pity some much of it will be hidden.
Tony Dill 213/08/2010 19:04:38
5218 forum posts
2978 photos
3 articles
Very impressive work on all fronts

Tony 

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
EuroMilitaire 2014
Advertise
MIG Productions
The Airbrush Co Ltd
Fantasy Printshop
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Miltary Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Euromilitaire Website