By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Tiger 1/ Hybrid Tiger

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mark Campbell 227/09/2010 11:38:30
7 forum posts
2 photos
Hello Again...

This is my first post since becoming a new member.....

Thanks again for all the welcomes....

Well here goes, as i mentioned in my hello. i have just aquired the new Italeri Hybrid tiger tank. So am seeking a fell help and hints, should i stick to the kits ectched set and tracks? or be adventerous and invest in upgrades, turned barrel and taraks? I have had The modellers guide to the tiger tank, for a while! The models in the book are mind blowing. But as a newbe a bit scary.... So is it a good source to start with?

Have tried to workout what year the italeri kit fall into the overall tiger production. if im correct, is it basically a june-august chassiy with a second version turret, may 43 build?

Hope i havnt started something to complicated???? LOL So any help and hints would be grateful indeed..... 

Mark 
Mark Campbell 227/09/2010 11:40:42
7 forum posts
2 photos
oh eck just noticed my spelling mistakes! LOL  Sorry all fingers and thumbs

Mark
Graham Tetley27/09/2010 14:14:33
434 forum posts
91 photos
Mark

Rather than throw oodles of cash at this kit on new tracks, etch, metal barrel etc I would recommend that you just build this one for fun. It is a great kit to get you started on Tigers but I really feel that this one is a beginners kit and not really appropriate to spend lots of time and money on upgrading.

I have just got a hold of this kit and it has a late hull and a supposed early turret, but the turret roof, loaders hatch and other details are, shall we say, unusual. Detail throughout is soft but it does look like a Tiger. I built the Late version out of the box when it first came out and, surprisingly, rather enjoyed it.

If you want to really do justice to a 'Hybrid' Tiger I would advise you to hunt down a Dragon/Cyberhobby Gruppe Fehrmann kit. That will have almost all of what you need in the box at a fraction of the cost and time. In fact,probably the only item you may want to replace if you do get that kit are the DS Tracks.

But this hobby is supposed to be fun. As Billy Connolly says 'Do as you damn well pleasey'

Graham

PS Welcome  the forum !

Edited By Graham Tetley on 27/09/2010 14:16:03

Mark Campbell 227/09/2010 21:02:05
7 forum posts
2 photos
Hi Graham

Thanks for the advice,,,,  Found a US web store that was selling the Cyberhobby kit They are like rocking horse poo! A bit expensive, but as you say worth it...

So looks like i mite be a bit busy soon, if i can find time between work etc......

Agree modelling should be fun, not all stuffy. A bit of imagination doesnt hurt!

thanks again for the help

Mark
Mark Campbell 213/10/2010 20:33:49
7 forum posts
2 photos
Hello all again...

New thought line for a project! Just been browsing another site.... missing lynx!

noticed a blog on there concerning a Strumtiger, with a 88mm gun!  Any ideas from fellow tiger fans? Where does the tiger fever end???? LOL

Mark
Wouter13/10/2010 20:55:10
4646 forum posts
1901 photos
HI Mark...well, I never heard of a Sturmtiger with a 88mm...should look odd

My experience with modelling started with a Königstiger from Dragon and as other state: I suggest you start with a kit out of the box...maybe use the little PE that is there provided in the kit...and if you want to, you can replace the tracks with Friul tracks (they are AWESOME ^^)...

If the fist build goes well and you like the hang of it, you can upgrade the next one a bit with more PE if you please...that's how I did it...and my current Tiger project is a full etch upgrad stuff thingy and I love it...

but on the other hand: no rules apply here...you should do as you please, and above all: have fun

The book you got there 'Modellers guide to the Tiger tank' is a nice one...I have it to and it has proven to be very helpfull...

oh and err, don't forget to blog your first kit...always nice to follow, and the fella's here can help if there are any problems

cheers
Mark Campbell 213/10/2010 21:21:31
7 forum posts
2 photos

I should really... have enough kits too start with! But seem to get carried away with things....

You should look at the missing lynx site, the strumtiger looks a cool cat, Certainly different!

Mark

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
MIG Productions
Casemate
Barwell
The Airbrush Co Ltd
Advertise
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Miltary Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Euromilitaire Website