By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

LVT 4A Am Tank Updated.

Updating a Blue Tank kit with no after market details except for just plastic and sheet metal.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Foenander04/08/2016 08:41:59
3894 forum posts
4642 photos

Welcome back to the inconsistent and sporadic build.

I have since primed the palm tree parts and found a source to get palm frond easier from Passion Models. I got to see their range of products at the recent Penang Model Show. Haven't gotten round to ordering yet but will KIV for further projects in future.

Here are the primed parts...

The palms close up...

I had to flatten it out to get a better coverage of the spray...

The trunks...the one on the left was dry brushed with light tan shades as a trial. The cut ends got a dab of red rust as the shade was similar to coconut trunks when freshly cut. After prolonged airing under the sun and elements the ends turned dark brown almost ash black.

While this cures I head on back to my Scots Grey figure.teeth 2

jimbo04/08/2016 10:42:20
14262 forum posts
2716 photos

Hi Richard

Dio base looks very nice. Your palm trees have worked very well.

Richard Foenander04/08/2016 13:05:23
3894 forum posts
4642 photos

Thanks Jim,

I'm gonna make sure this is ready for next years show.

Richard Foenander04/12/2017 16:04:37
3894 forum posts
4642 photos year has come and is going to end and I'm still at it.face 20

While at the recent event, to kill time I brought along the figures to paint. I took about half an hour each these faces...

They're still on the shiny side. Gave them sun burnt and sweaty skin tones. The blending still needs work.

The recent flurry of figures on the forum has gotten me started so I guess this dio has been kicked into life.

John Race04/12/2017 18:16:34
7202 forum posts
1518 photos

Richard .

A man of many talents.thumbs up

Richard Foenander06/12/2017 15:50:03
3894 forum posts
4642 photos

Hi John R, appreciate the compliment very much. Every new figure is approached with mixed results and has steadily improved I think.teeth 2

Durk06/12/2017 17:21:54
1483 forum posts
692 photos

Hi Richard, great to see you do some work on this one againthumbs up. Keep at them, would be great to see them finished.

Richard Foenander07/12/2017 01:40:16
3894 forum posts
4642 photos

Hi Dirk,

Thanks...I hope too to keep pushing on this to get it finished. It's been sitting on the shelf for a year now.

Richard Foenander09/01/2018 14:02:02
3894 forum posts
4642 photos

The reason for my lack of concentration on the catapult finishing is that I have focused on this. I have repainted the LVT to a more bleached weathered look as the previous tone was too dark.

Some modulation was achieved with lighter shades of olive drab mixed with yellow and white and sprayed over the dark base. Streaks were done with AK stains and washes. I used some of my old streaking techniques for this too.

The chipping was sponged on and dusting is still in progress...

Purists will say why didn't I replace the molded towing cable...well I can be lazy at times but I will try to paint or add something over it. I had spent too much time on this Blue Tank kit to do any more. Most would have binned this if you've seen the amount of work put in and I started on this way before Italeri got the amtracks into the market. Basically I want to just finish this off. crying 2 The worst is this version with the railings around the turret may be a mark too soon for Peleliu. Even so, thanks for staying with me on this.

Steve Jones 1210/01/2018 17:36:23
4099 forum posts
9213 photos

Why didnt you replace the towing cable?winklaughface 20

The dreaded final stages of trying to get a build finished. I fell your pain. It would be worth it though as the weathering is spot on. Like it a lotyes

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
Expo Tools July 14
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ February
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest