By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Dora 1/35

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tim White 112/03/2012 18:29:20
15142 forum posts
3013 photos

Roger

Superb to spend some time looking at, as alwaysstarthumbs up.

Cheers

Timcat

Andy Argent12/03/2012 18:58:00
3373 forum posts
691 photos

cheers Roger.

Roger Pirtle13/03/2012 02:17:58
147 forum posts
111 photos

Danny: well, if you are ever passing through southern Illinois you are welcome to come by! I warn you, I am truly in the middle of nowhere, however. smiley

chad connolly13/03/2012 02:40:29
367 forum posts
342 photos

i think i have seen this on another site? but its amazing work well done!

Chad

Ghostbuilder13/03/2012 15:46:35
2962 forum posts
1013 photos

Hi Roger.

This is the first time I have commented on your diorama although I have often looked at the pictures and read all the comments on the thread.

Obviously the first thing that stands out is the sheer size of Dora which kind of dictates the size of base needed to display it in order to do it justice. This is what (at first) put me off.

Please note the (at first) above wink 2

You see, as I've said in a few posts on the site, I prefer smaller dios or vignettes because I like to see a well detailed scene. More often than not, when I see a larger diorama, there are several elements, each of which could look good on their own if more time had been taken with the detail but as a whole just don't look "Right" and a lot of detail is missing in the rush to finish and start a new project.

This is a personal view and is not intended to offend anyone. We all have different tastes and points of view.

So I first viewed your project because I wondered what everyone was getting so excited about. I was expecting to see what I feared and what I outlined above.

BOY WAS I WRONG!!...

Every single item of this model is outstanding. Every single element fits smoothly and convincingly with the whole and nowhere have I noticed any skimping on detail. As many have said, I can look at your pictures and get lost in the scene. I can wander around it and nothing seems disjointed or out of place.

In my honest opinion, very few modellers can pull this off. Even fewer can do so to this extent. All the words used so far by people admiring your work are inadequate. The truth is that no word can do justice to the quality of your workmanship in all departments, so I shall just say "Thank You" and will keep enjoying your thread! thumbs up

Cheers.

Richard.

Roger Pirtle15/03/2012 01:49:26
147 forum posts
111 photos

Thank you for the kind compliments, Richard. I hoped to avoid people looking at the dio and just saying,"wow, that's really big." It is nice to know that people see more than the size. I hope when it is finished that people can look for hours and keep finding little stories and substories but I still have a long way to go and hopefully I won't mess it up. Thanks again to everyone.

Roger Pirtle17/05/2012 01:05:48
147 forum posts
111 photos

Still plugging along. Ford Maultier ambulance with Friul tracks. Darn tracks take forever to assemble.

Roger Pirtle17/05/2012 01:49:09
147 forum posts
111 photos

Steve Killick17/05/2012 05:23:11
392 forum posts
52 photos

Roger, please forgive me as I have only just found this thread, and for once in my life I just don't know what to say, I can't think of any words that would do your build justice. I would however like to agree with Andy Argent, whilst your son may love to own this one day I really think it would be a better option to put it in a museum so that thousands of people could see it I for one would gladly pay the price of admission to spend an entire day letting my eyes enjoy every scene and sub-scene.

Your work is an inspiration to many of us, the only other creation that I know of that is larger than this is again a railway in the U.K. (can't remember the location) and is being built by a team of modellers not one guy on his own.

keep up the awesome work Steve

Simon Hammerton17/05/2012 10:48:08
4825 forum posts
256 photos
2 articles
Hi Roger

I know I speak for many site members when I say that I wait for the latest instalment of this Epic build with great expectation.

And that I'm never disappointed when your updates appear.

Truly a work of stunning quality.

Simon

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Fantasy Printshop
MIG Productions
EuroMilitaire 2014
Advertise
The Airbrush Co Ltd
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Miltary Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Euromilitaire Website