By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

1/35 German covered wagon G10

WWII most known and infamous boxcar - full build (OOTB)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

libor11/02/2011 09:42:31
1946 forum posts
618 photos
Hi Guys, its been a while since I was building something, so here is something new.

This is one of the most known and also infamous German wagons. With some changes of design produced in thousands pieces since 19th century, earlier with brake cab mounted up at roof level, later without it, these wagons were used widely in German rail service to transport goods and often animals as well. During the WWII they became an important part of any military train heading the battlefield, filled with supplies or soldiers, and they were also used to transport all enemies of the nation to concentration camps. Here is one of these wagons, they could vary in small details, depending on manufacturer and year of production. This one shown in German museum has marking of a car captured and used by Allies at the end of the WWII.

Some photos of "sprues" I dont have all of them finished yet, and I will add more during my progress (also pics of PE´s and decals)

Thank you for looking in
Cheers
Libor
VI11/02/2011 09:57:33
2663 forum posts
992 photos
Hi Libor,
This looks good I'm in.
Cheers
VI
libor11/02/2011 14:53:10
1946 forum posts
618 photos
Hi VI, thank you for dropping in, you are very welcome. Update is coming soon
Cheers
Libor
Ron Lebert11/02/2011 16:33:57
2194 forum posts
5840 photos
Libor
You do such good work. Nice & crisp.
Following with great interest!
Ron
Adam Kuller11/02/2011 19:14:03
8017 forum posts
6915 photos
~Hello Sir
I'm very happy to see you are assembling this one--
The parts so far look just perfect +
Things are looking up for us having an accurate German boxcar now !
Adam
Robin Buckland11/02/2011 22:07:18
15360 forum posts
56463 photos
5253 articles
Hi Libor,

Something of a classic wagon. Nice to see you back to building one I'm another interested to see how this turns out.

Robin
libor11/02/2011 23:56:15
1946 forum posts
618 photos
Ron, Adam, Robin, thank you for your kind comments guys. This is also about to create kinda building instructions, but I will make it quick and far behind Adam´s railcar masterpiece. To be honest I should have this build finished already, but busy things keep me away
Here are PE sheets and decals for the kit

Frame assembly
This job is easy, once again it is very important to keep eye on right angle in any corner, also perfectly flat working surface is a need. Just small cleaning where connectors to feeders were placed - these sides will be turned to the floor anyway. I completed frame beams, dry-fitted in assembly slots first, because frame construction needs exactly the same length like floor sections glued together - these are different ones for outside and inside, both by two (if needed, the long beams can be set up by a little sanding) and finally I glued all together.

From brake sprue I cut out a hook spring, and glued in two short pieces of plastic rod. It will be glued between central beams and plastic rod will be used to connect it to both hooks. It is a simple thing to reduce shocks, when train starts moving.

More to follow soon.....
Cheers
Libor

Mark S12/02/2011 00:08:54
10008 forum posts
2 photos
6 articles
Wow, another classy build from Libor, I'm most definitely in for this one too Excellent start.

Mark.
Tony Dill 212/02/2011 06:17:48
5596 forum posts
3265 photos
3 articles
Libor, this is going to b one of your masterpieces, and I look forward to a display of your skills.

Tony
Collin Schmidt12/02/2011 09:33:59
710 forum posts
292 photos
Cool!
Good Luck with this one Libor! Will be watching

Collin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
Battlegate
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Mar 2017
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest