Articles

Spitfire Group Build Collection...

Spitfire Group Build Collection...

...of the end results United Kingdom - World War 2

Tim White 106/09/2011 20:09:19
15142 forum posts
3013 photos
Gentlemen

Okay, my first Tamiya for some years, and the required paint mixes are even more barking than Revell. Why I might need 'gold leaf' as a colour is beyond me. So I think we'll wing this one and use green, grey and another grey.

I thought you were supposed to paint the bottom blue.

Cheers

Tim
Peter C06/09/2011 20:24:30
6135 forum posts
1757 photos
Tim~ Mine is Green and Brown and blue on the bottom Flat Earth and Olive Green from Tamiya Acrylics is all I have for the top but hopefully if you squint it will look reasonable.

Cheers

Peter
Neil doman06/09/2011 20:35:20
2865 forum posts
1820 photos
Looks like we've got some nice looking spits for the GB.
I'm really looking forward to getting mine on the bench ASAP.

Am i right in saying that this one will run through until Xmas time ?

neil.
Nige06/09/2011 20:47:30
771 forum posts
288 photos
4 articles
I thought i may as well trow me hat into the ring with these dug out from the loft, this is your fault Craig mate ( just go along for the blog he says ). yer right.

Nige

Johnny Gers06/09/2011 20:55:11
13111 forum posts
3675 photos
Good to see all these Spits going up. I still going at my spit will watching England Play upstair and the wife downstairs is watching Scotland . Get lots more done before Pictures.

Thanks Johnny
SteveM06/09/2011 21:00:33
1145 forum posts
1 photos

Evening all,

Here’s a few shots of my Airfix PR XIX , The kits a good one with a lot of thought gone into the kit with dedicated new mould sprues for the wings (no gun ports), fuse and ancillaries.
No instrument decal though I made my own from a downloaded picture

Wings are together and the ‘office ‘ given it’s first coat of paint. I’m trying to keep this light in colour to stop it looking like a black hole when the fuse is closed up.

More tomorrow, with luck

Cheers

Steve

Edited By SteveM on 06/09/2011 21:01:13

Peter C06/09/2011 21:05:10
6135 forum posts
1757 photos
Oooo er. Google Chrome is certainly having fun with MilMod forum posts from my computer tonight. Sorry for the triple post above. Can anyone remove the duplications?  (Hi Peter, no problem, done.  Robin)

Does anyone have a spare set of instrument decals for my Tamiya MK 1 cockpit? Just looked through the box and the kit doesn't provide them. Happy to pay via cheque including postage out here to Dubai.

Also, does anyone know of a homegrown alternative to MicroSol as I can't seem to get anyone to post liquids out to Dubai from the UK.

Cheers

Peter

Edited By Robin Buckland on 06/09/2011 22:45:12

Chris B06/09/2011 21:16:24
3009 forum posts
1 photos
I must admit I'm tempted to put my 2 penn'th in the ring,but all I've got in the stash is the new Airfix Seafire,and the MkXII,that I have started,and they both seem to be covered.The only other one I have is the 1/32 MkIXc from Tammy.....and I am not going to even think about that one!!!...Yet!
The other reason is,...I most probably won't even finish it!!
Chris
Johnny Gers06/09/2011 21:29:54
13111 forum posts
3675 photos
Steve it's good to see you have started your Spitfire. Looking good. Do not know to much about plane colours. So it a great help when I can see the colour you used. I used the same colour for the inside of my plane. Make me feel better.

Thanks Johnny

SteveM06/09/2011 21:40:12
1145 forum posts
1 photos
Hi Johnny,
it's Humbrol 78.
Cheers
Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
MIG Productions
Casemate
EuroMilitaire 2014
Advertise
Fantasy Printshop
The Airbrush Co Ltd
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Miltary Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Euromilitaire Website