By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Tamiya LRDG Chevi Truck

Wanted

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mike Mortimore19/09/2011 22:23:55
910 forum posts
629 photos
Has anyone got a Tamiya LRDG Chevi Truck.
To buy or swap

I'm looking for 2 in number for a future project, (preparation and planning and all that!!!)
Although I live in France I do have an English address, (brother).

Cheers Mike
Alan Mckenzie19/09/2011 23:57:47
2451 forum posts
1 photos
Hi Mike

You might be in for a long wait.

You may or may not be aware but these are available from time to time on such sites as ebay from private collections, modellers selling off kits, but go for quite a price due to their out of production status. I've seen them go for anything between £28 to £45 plus postage.

Be great if Tamiya re-released them but apart from a limited number with Breda for a Japanese Model Show a while back they don't look to be re issuing this any time soon .

Who knows maybe Bronco or AFV will surprise us with a version, we live in hope.

regards

Alan
Edmund Schnabel20/09/2011 04:22:04
1148 forum posts
249 photos
eBay has a few for $80.00! Silly!
Mike Mortimore20/09/2011 12:29:38
910 forum posts
629 photos
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your replies, I am very aware that it could be an expensive way to go, but I can wait, have an on going project on temporary hold while I get my kitchen finished, and 2 planned projects after that........PPPPPP... the 6 P's Preparation and planning prevents a p..s poor performance...... a military thing..

Cheers Mike
Mike Mortimore20/09/2011 19:27:37
910 forum posts
629 photos
Hi,
Well been searching ebay(s) for the above.
Went on the USA one and as you say Edmund $80 silly money, although I have found a couple of new additions for just over $24, thats OK as long as the bids do not increase stupidly.
Bought a couple of SAS jeeps while looking, got them both for from the same seller for 18 Euros plus postage from China, bargain....

Cheers Mike
Richard.Taylor21/09/2011 08:28:35
334 forum posts
66 photos
Morning Mike;

Don't know if it will be any use to you, but Masterbox will be releasing a five man LRDG set soon

Cheers
Richard
Mike Mortimore21/09/2011 20:12:35
910 forum posts
629 photos
Evening Richard,
Thanks for the heads up on the Masterbox forth coming release, will look out for it. Went on ebay Austrailia..... and found a Tamiya one, the US ones were expensive and going for stupid money.
Anyway the chap selling this one is getting rid of loads of his kits, getting a list and with a few I'll be able to cut the postage charge.
If Masterbox bring one out it may be slightly different , even a different type of truck, we'll see.

Cheers Mike
John Eastoe21/09/2011 21:55:29
155 forum posts
47 photos
Hi Mike,

you can get a resin kit of the 30cwt Chevy from Wespe models.

They also do a Ford variant. I was lucky to get the Tamiya re-issue a while back but the prices for them are now ridiculous.

I got the resin one from Wespe about a month ago. They were selling their kits a bit cheaper so it worked out way cheaper than trying to get a Tamiya one.

Cheers, John
Trackpad22/09/2011 16:45:57
904 forum posts
438 photos
Hi John i looked at the wespe chevy whats the detail and molding like ?
Detect language » Hungarian

John Eastoe22/09/2011 19:03:09
155 forum posts
47 photos
The detail and moulding are pretty good. The box art for Wespe models always makes them look quite toy-like and I think it does them a disservice.

I haven't started mine so can't comment in depth but from what I have seen it is ok.

Certain details can no doubt be improved with aftermaket bits, such as the lewis gun but on the whole it seems pretty decent.

On the plus side, most of the parts don't need loads of clean up to use them,there are not massive amounts of resin to remove.

I'm not the world's best modeller and haven't used resin much but I feel fairly confident that it will look like it should! The service from Wespe was very good as well.

Hope this helps, John

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Casemate
MIG Productions
Advertise
The Airbrush Co Ltd
Barwell
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Miltary Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Euromilitaire Website