Articles

The latest Churchill Mk IV in 1/72...

The latest Churchill Mk IV in 1/72...

...a new release from Dragon United Kingdom - World War 2

Robin Buckland26/11/2011 09:38:07
10906 forum posts
35846 photos
3212 articles
The new 1/72 Churchill Mk IV from Dragon is now here, and a very nice kit it looks to be as well. One I am looking forward to building.

Robin
Chris Meddings26/11/2011 12:43:59
9739 forum posts
771 photos
Thats a shame; despite some very nice features and details on some parts it looks like there are a few errors, including a very large one on the engine deck. Hard to see how they messed up the engine hatch prop rods and central cover. The cover is way out of place and it only has two rods. Lets hope the crew don't plan to look at more than half the engine at any one time Also the turret halves don't match. The ventilator position suggests its an early MkIV turret but the bottom half has no overhang, suggest a late mkIV or MkV/VI

Surprising they messed these things up given the amount of free data on the internet now on the churchill, let alone the books and the fact they could have just looked at the AFV club one

It will be interesting to see what it looks like built anyway.

PS sorry to add more insult to injury, but Castlerobin IV was an NA75, not a MkIV

Edited By Chris Meddings on 26/11/2011 12:45:07

Edited By Chris Meddings on 26/11/2011 12:53:24

SteveM26/11/2011 18:53:28
1145 forum posts
1 photos
I saw this on a Polish web site when I ordered a few things yesterday, I was going to order it but I'm not so sure after Chris's comments

Maybe a bit of cross kitting from Italeri or HasyG or are there faults there too
How about a 1/72 correction set Mr Meddings I'd be your first customer
Cheers
Steve

Malcolm Shaw26/11/2011 19:45:08
982 forum posts
296 photos
I was looking forward to this when it was announced, but at £15 a pop i`m no longer interested.
DML dropped the ball with this one, too many errors for my liking.
Is it because it isn`t German, do you think, as i don`t hear many negative comments with regard to quality with their German kits, or am i just being aver critical.

Malcolm
David Kranich26/11/2011 20:53:46
786 forum posts
254 photos
It is because it is 1:72 I think. Most of their range in this scale is rather easy in detailling, because they are optimized for their die-cast kits. These are made from their normal 1:72 kits.
Robin Buckland02/01/2012 15:51:00
10906 forum posts
35846 photos
3212 articles
Not got markings applied yet and weathering then to do, but here is the Dragon Churchill built up.

Comments welcome as always.

Robin

SteveM02/01/2012 20:42:52
1145 forum posts
1 photos
Looks very nice Robin
I can see this in the stash before too long
Chris gave me a lot of info on how to correct the errors DML have made, when I do find one , I'll blog it with Chris's notes to guide me.
Cheers
Steve
Robin Buckland03/01/2012 18:36:50
10906 forum posts
35846 photos
3212 articles
Hi Steve,

As you say, Chris did identify some errors, but as ever I like to build one from the box to show what you actually get in the kit, and overall it looks good for a 1/72 Mk IV at last. I am hoping they do some of the AVRE variants using this hull now...

Robin

Malcolm Shaw03/01/2012 19:32:17
982 forum posts
296 photos
I wonder if the Airfix bridgelayer would fit on this hull.
I`m very slowly putting one on an old Esci hull.
Good idea to put the SBG on it too, Robin.
Still think it is a bit expensive though.

Malcolm
SteveM04/01/2012 21:35:05
1145 forum posts
1 photos
Your'e right to do so Robin I've lost count of the 'review' kit builds I've read that list a load of AM, parts of other kits and mods.
Looking forward to seeing her with markings and weathering
Cheers
Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Casemate
Advertise
The Airbrush Co Ltd
Fantasy Printshop
MIG Productions
EuroMilitaire 2014
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Miltary Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Euromilitaire Website