By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Heinkel He-111P

Revell's 1/32 Kit

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Sean Emmott built the 1/32 Heinkel He-111P...

Sean Emmott built the 1/32 Heinkel He-111P...

...the Revell kit from his blog Germany - World War 2

Johnny Gers14/12/2011 19:30:26
13111 forum posts
3675 photos
Looking Good Sean.

Johnny
Tim White 114/12/2011 19:37:40
15142 forum posts
3013 photos
Sean

This really does have some nice detail. Will many of those EMs even be visible once the fuselage is together? Always pleased to see an update on this lady.

Cheers

Tim
Martyn Crowther15/12/2011 00:10:19
3783 forum posts
371 photos
Woaaah Sean this is a monster but your making light work of it though dude!

Martyn

Edited By Martyn Crowther on 15/12/2011 00:10:33

Nick Kelly15/12/2011 08:22:03
614 forum posts
296 photos
Top work Sean!
Enjoying watching this one come together and taking notes for when I get around to my (comparatively) dinky version

Keep up the good work

Nick
Jerry Jenkins15/12/2011 14:25:38
176 forum posts
77 photos
Sean ,

Great to see this blog. I will watch with interest , the instrument panal looks realy good , nicer tip with the varnish ,

All the best,

Jerry
Sean Emmott17/12/2011 20:22:44
1905 forum posts
3274 photos
3 articles
Thank you all, guys

I am sorry for the dearth of updates in the last few days, but I have been exceptionally busy with work and seasonal family commitments. However, after wasting an entire afternoon at Elland Road, I've just spent a couple of hours seeking some comfort with my plastic and glue .

Tim, I am sure a significant proprotion of the EMs will not be visible, the only problem is that at this stage, I'm not sure which ones!

STAGE SEVEN
The first thing to mention is that etched parts 45 & 46 (which replace plastic parts 207 & 208 - the rudder pedals) are not pre-painted, so I have formed and added these.

The second thing to mention is that the illustration of completed stage 3 in the instructions does not show the orientation for fitting to part 195 (the flight yoke). I missed this, and it seems I installed stage 3 upside down, so I had to take great care fitting part 195 and allow time for it to set.

Those darned ejector pin marks are even present on small parts like 195 !

STAGE EIGHT

As I've said elsewhere, the parts lay out on the sprue is not logical. To help address this, I have a copy of the parts map on the wall next to where I sit, and I am shading out parts I have used to make it quicker to locate the ones I need.

Sean

Edited By Sean Emmott on 17/12/2011 20:23:36

SteveM17/12/2011 20:46:23
1145 forum posts
1 photos
Hi Sean, the office is comming on well in spite of those EP marks, looks as though they might make it a bit of a marathon if ther'e even on parts like 195
Cheers
Steve
Tim White 118/12/2011 16:52:32
15142 forum posts
3013 photos
Sean

Great job, sir, and I always admire another ordered mind at work. That offset control column just screams the film 'The Battle of Britain' at me. You're selling this kit to me, though I know that if I got it I wouldn't be able to match your quality work.

Cheers

Tim
Paul Scott27/12/2011 11:37:01
3 forum posts
Hi All,

seem to have worked out posting issues now - will add what I can

To be going on with:

KG54 - "Totenkopf" were formed in May 1939 and chose the Death's Head emblem simply because it was a common military thing at he time, nothing to do with the SS or anything like that.

Good work so far Sean btw - looking forward to seeing the gallons of RLM 02/70/71/65 paint go on
Sean Emmott04/01/2012 15:52:51
1905 forum posts
3274 photos
3 articles
Welcome back chaps - I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year!!

Steve, I'm hoping I've got most of the EP marks sorted now...

Filled and sanded:

And primed:

I'm debating doing more work on them, but I think that the really prominent ones are now invisible and the ones that there is a slight sign of well concealed within the fuselage.

Tim, you don't know until you try, buddy! Although it's big, it's not too complex (so far!). Having said that, in places the instructions could be clearer. They are better than Dragon's but not as good as Tamiya's (whose are?! )

Paul, good to see you finally posting buddy! I forgot those refs you showed me, thicko that I am Any more background info?

STAGE NINE

At present the seats are dry fitted, to make it easier to remove them for painting.

STAGE TEN

I found it tricky to be certain how part 341 fitted to 214, and it didn't seem like a strong bond, so I used a short piece of plastic rod to act as a brace. Again, some surfaces have had their detail shaved off in preparation for pre-painted etch surfaces.

STAGE ELEVEN

Sean

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Fantasy Printshop
EuroMilitaire 2014
The Airbrush Co Ltd
Advertise
MIG Productions
Casemate
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Miltary Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Euromilitaire Website