A27M Cromwell Mk.IV Cruiser tank.

Cromwell in details.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Foenander19/10/2017 18:28:03
3967 forum posts
4668 photos

Hi Neo,

Was distracted by the top shot that showed all the bling that you've added and didn't see the basket.thumbs up

The last two shots show the progress on the basket and it looks quite a difficult piece to assemble without getting any of the glue into the weave pattern. You've managed pretty well.

Cheers,

Richard

Neo23/10/2017 08:37:07
106 forum posts
Posted by Richard Foenander on 19/10/2017 18:28:03:

Hi Neo,

Was distracted by the top shot that showed all the bling that you've added and didn't see the basket.thumbs up

The last two shots show the progress on the basket and it looks quite a difficult piece to assemble without getting any of the glue into the weave pattern. You've managed pretty well.

Cheers,

Richard

Hello Richard and thank you! I have maden only half work with turret yet. It will much more detail on it. Basket isn't ready for now. It is really difficult to work with it.

Neo03/11/2017 19:56:44
106 forum posts

Hello! Very little addition. Turret basket has been done. I only need to do the welds.

I have looked at the Viller Bocage pictures and have seen plates with divisional or platoon merkings. I have made them.

And I started to work with lamp spotlight. It is in progress. Now it consist of 19 parts including cables and holder. And one curious observation. When the tank wasn't on march the spotlight was turned to the turret not on the road.

Chas Kenny04/11/2017 06:48:23
3784 forum posts

Neo,

This is impressive - 19 parts just for the spotlight!

When you display this model, you must display it with photographs of it being built, or prior to painting. This will show everyone just how much hard work you have put into it. It will also show just what a great craftsman you are.

Thank you for posting the photographs. They are fantastic.

Chas

Neo04/11/2017 12:25:48
106 forum posts
Posted by Chas Kenny on 04/11/2017 06:48:23:

Neo,

This is impressive - 19 parts just for the spotlight!

When you display this model, you must display it with photographs of it being built, or prior to painting. This will show everyone just how much hard work you have put into it. It will also show just what a great craftsman you are.

Thank you for posting the photographs. They are fantastic.

Chas

Hello, Chas! Thank you! Still try to my best. Of course I will have a final photosession on a good camera before painting. I want to a photo of each interesting part and detail.

I am not a great craftsmanblush I just like very much what I am doing. And British armor is very interesting for me.

I need to finish the turret then it will be a time to put some stowage on a tank.

Tony C04/11/2017 15:59:26
127 forum posts
63 photos

Hi Neo.

Wow. Just wow.

Very inspiring work.

I was wondering did you paint the hull before detailing? The first pics of the turret look like the real thing.

The screws are they aftermarket ?

Amazing starstarstarstarstar

Tony

Chas Kenny04/11/2017 17:11:09
3784 forum posts

Neo,

I've seen a lot of models on the site. This model is the very best I've seen. You are a great credit to our hobby.

Chas

Marty Elliott04/11/2017 19:58:16
194 forum posts
473 photos

Hi Neo....cracking work ..the extra details you are adding really bring this build to another level!...good job on the turret basket...have only seen a couple of pics of this feature but I came across this one while looking thru the iwm site for some refs on the campaign in Holland in sept 44.... Bit late for the build but may help later with the stowage..u can see that they used some extra mesh to secure more gear...looks like you got a good match for the basic frame though so hope it continues to get even better...cheers Marty

image.jpeg

John Race04/11/2017 22:59:32
7467 forum posts
1541 photos

Neo.

Have to agree with the guys, some top class work. thumbs up

John.

Peter Lynch 204/11/2017 23:46:10
106 forum posts

Neo,

You have added much detail and therefore much interest for the rest of us. Спасибо ! [Judging by the 10 kopeck coin?] (1) You mentioned the searchlight. I'm guessing the reason it was turned inwards was to protect the glass lens which seems quite a delicate thing on a military vehicle. If that got broken, I suppose the crew would have to struggle to get the cover off and insert a spare lens (if they had one ... ): so best not to break it in the first place! (2) In the stowage bins you could put some greatcoats. I imagine they would be folded or rolled. Army "manuals" seem to show these coats should be stowed in tank lockers. There's very little room inside the hull, so tidiness is important, as would be stowing items outside the hull, You could make some simple greatcoat "shapes" out of Milliput or green stuff, stick on some "coat buttons": then your coats would look like the real thing, Then finally give them a "coat" of paint (haha), complete with a layer of European springtime road dust!

Peter

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ February
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest