A27M Cromwell Mk.IV Cruiser tank.

Cromwell in details.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Foenander05/11/2017 03:26:07
3958 forum posts
4667 photos

Fantastic detailing Neo,

The basket looks a treat. Good suggestion on the before and after pictures. I think after this many will try to emulate your Cromwell with theirs but will find it hard to surpase it.

Cheers,

Richard

Neo05/11/2017 08:30:29
106 forum posts
Posted by Tony C on 04/11/2017 15:59:26:

Hi Neo.

Wow. Just wow.

Very inspiring work.

I was wondering did you paint the hull before detailing? The first pics of the turret look like the real thing.

The screws are they aftermarket ?

Amazing starstarstarstarstar

Tony

Hi, Tony! Thank you! Indeed, hull was pre-painted. I have tried to make some mud structure on some areas of the hull. Screws are from Masteclub and Aber. But some MK screws were modified,drilled out.

Neo05/11/2017 08:31:17
106 forum posts
Posted by Chas Kenny on 04/11/2017 17:11:09:

Neo,

I've seen a lot of models on the site. This model is the very best I've seen. You are a great credit to our hobby.

Chas

Chas,thank you! I hope I deserve such wordsblush

Neo05/11/2017 08:38:00
106 forum posts
Posted by Marty Elliott on 04/11/2017 19:58:16:

Hi Neo....cracking work ..the extra details you are adding really bring this build to another level!...good job on the turret basket...have only seen a couple of pics of this feature but I came across this one while looking thru the iwm site for some refs on the campaign in Holland in sept 44.... Bit late for the build but may help later with the stowage..u can see that they used some extra mesh to secure more gear...looks like you got a good match for the basic frame though so hope it continues to get even better...cheers Marty

image.jpeg

Hello, Marty! Thank you for your attention and advices! I have this photo in my "collection". There were many diffirent types of baskets,boxes,stawage holders. All of them were some kind unique. I build the tank which was knocked down in Bocage during the rest. So if you have an interest I can post some photos of Cromwell's field modifications here.

Neo05/11/2017 08:38:39
106 forum posts
Posted by John Race on 04/11/2017 22:59:32:

Neo.

Have to agree with the guys, some top class work. thumbs up

John.

Thank you,John!

Neo05/11/2017 08:43:15
106 forum posts
Posted by Peter Lynch 2 on 04/11/2017 23:46:10:

Neo,

You have added much detail and therefore much interest for the rest of us. Спасибо ! [Judging by the 10 kopeck coin?] (1) You mentioned the searchlight. I'm guessing the reason it was turned inwards was to protect the glass lens which seems quite a delicate thing on a military vehicle. If that got broken, I suppose the crew would have to struggle to get the cover off and insert a spare lens (if they had one ... ): so best not to break it in the first place! (2) In the stowage bins you could put some greatcoats. I imagine they would be folded or rolled. Army "manuals" seem to show these coats should be stowed in tank lockers. There's very little room inside the hull, so tidiness is important, as would be stowing items outside the hull, You could make some simple greatcoat "shapes" out of Milliput or green stuff, stick on some "coat buttons": then your coats would look like the real thing, Then finally give them a "coat" of paint (haha), complete with a layer of European springtime road dust!

Peter

Hello, Peter! Thank you! Great information about coats. I will try to make them with Milliput. You are absolute right about seachlight. I will end work with turret soon and will have some time to do something interesting with stowage. I hope I will be able to sculpt worthy from Milliput=))

Neo05/11/2017 08:44:39
106 forum posts
Posted by Richard Foenander on 05/11/2017 03:26:07:

Fantastic detailing Neo,

The basket looks a treat. Good suggestion on the before and after pictures. I think after this many will try to emulate your Cromwell with theirs but will find it hard to surpase it.

Cheers,

Richard

Hello,Richard! Thank you! I hope you will be right, because Cromwell is very interesting tank and deserve much more attention from modellers.

Steve Jones 1206/11/2017 19:11:06
4283 forum posts
9384 photos

Neo

Absolutely stunning work. I will be revisiting your blog many times as there is so much detail I can use on my builds. Well done siryesbeer

Steve

Neo07/11/2017 12:50:27
106 forum posts
Posted by Steve Jones 12 on 06/11/2017 19:11:06:

Neo

Absolutely stunning work. I will be revisiting your blog many times as there is so much detail I can use on my builds. Well done siryesbeer

Steve

Hello,Steve! Thank you! I hope this buil log wiil be usefull.

Neo07/11/2017 12:58:05
106 forum posts

And the turret has been finished. Basket and a seerchlight are ready. So everything could be seen on photowink I have tried to take more detailed pictures.

After turret I want to have couple days for the rest and then will work with stowage.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ February
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest