By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

SimonT's Small Scale Stuff

Ongoing Braille Scale projects

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Peter C14/05/2012 05:23:25
6286 forum posts
1772 photos

Thanks for the links Mr T. That SVSM site is a godsendthumbs up. Now fancy that, not more than a twinkling of an eye has passed and the 1:48 Steyr appears as if by magic in a pot! Tamiya seem to have missed the plot in my book with the 1:48 series with metal bases. There are a few still left in the Tamiya store in Dubai but I always overlook them. I stand to be corrected of course as they might be the DDs. Interested to see how you get on bud.

Pete

SimonT14/05/2012 06:02:44
7201 forum posts
5998 photos

Morning Pete - the 1/48 kits are actually rather nice even though the metal hulls are totally pointless. Just like their 1/35 but shrunk down a bit. Pity they shrunk their figures too much though

SimonT

SimonT15/05/2012 05:21:45
7201 forum posts
5998 photos

Walking Dead for an hour and a half last night so I now have...

....a 1/72 tigger pot noodle to add to the collection thumbs up

Frank got carved down to make a basic upper and lower torso with head

I am planning to make a mould of these basic parts so that i can cast some copies then have a go at adding some clothes over the top - not too hopeful for a good result though as figures are difficult to do

SimonT

Dave Forsey15/05/2012 07:06:02
1040 forum posts
786 photos

Looking very good indeed and a great idea on the figure. The trick with sculpting the clothes is to let the putty go off to the point where it will not lose the shape but still be pliable to work with. I'm no great sculptor but I find magic sculpt the best to work with.

Cheers

Dave

Edited By Dave Forsey on 15/05/2012 07:06:40

Jaymes Crowther15/05/2012 11:54:41
4445 forum posts
446 photos

You eat alot of pot noodles thinkingwink haha NIce work I'm looking forward to seeing some of these hit the paint shop in the coming weeks...I've got the Tiger aswell to do but I was thinking of doing it as a Hull underconstruction....

Jaymes

Peter C15/05/2012 13:04:03
6286 forum posts
1772 photos

Afternoon Mr T. Gotta couple of those Tiggers at 1:72nd in the stash too. Quite low down on the list of priorities though as I'm going through a North Africa phase first.

Franky seems to be coming to pieces. Hope he'll recover.

Er..."walking Dead"??? wassat about?

Pete

SimonT15/05/2012 21:35:27
7201 forum posts
5998 photos

Dave - have tried magic sculp but prefer milliput

Jaymes - good job they ain't really pot noodles teeth 2 Like the idea of tigger under construction - torsion bars etc thumbs up

Pete - the walking dead a bit like Franky

SimonT

SimonT17/05/2012 02:43:53
7201 forum posts
5998 photos

Postie delivered this today. Generally looks ok but you don't get those ammo boxes shown on the lid

I have a Kfz69 that is likely to get this bolted on top if I can find pictures of how it actually bolts down

1/72 Tiger

finished cleaning up the main parts this evening. Just the track links and tow cables left (although they will be getting rebuilt with wire)

1/72 Char

Added two small tool hooks to rear upper deck

Added the mantlet to turret

Barrel was cut off and replaced with a section of hypo needle superglued in place

The wider muzzle section is from red wire insulation. Cut a small length and pushed it over a scriber until hole big enough to fit over needle. The insulation then shrinks back down to give a tight fit

Lifting eye added to top of hull main gun

Vent added on turret roof

Three minute lifting hooks added on turret

Looking through the few bits I have left I found that there are no hooks for the rear plate - photos generally show them covered in chain. There are mounting holes on the kit but no parts

Nearly there.....

SimonT

Peter C17/05/2012 04:51:39
6286 forum posts
1772 photos

Nice additions Simon. The hypo needle barrel was a good idea. Look forward to seeing the Tiger too. Any Mr T special additions planned?

Pete

SimonT17/05/2012 06:12:56
7201 forum posts
5998 photos

Cheers Pete - not too much more to add now

Tigger -> I'm thinking new side skirts, new exhaust shrouds, pyrogravure zimmerit, new tow cables for starters

I need to dig out the references to see what version it is and see what details are missing then I'll have a better idea

SimonT

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Advertise
Casemate
The Airbrush Co Ltd
Fantasy Printshop
MIG Productions
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Miltary Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Euromilitaire Website