By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Said i`d never do this!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Andy Smith 115/03/2012 19:53:54
4117 forum posts
1655 photos

Ok chaps,i`ve ALWAYS said that i`d never start one kit before finishing another......Mind you,that was a LONG time ago!!embarrassed,

The PAK 40 is laying in wait to be painted,but,it`ll have to wait untill i`ve got a grip on the Air Brush scenario!!

Anyway guys,i`ve finally got some bits together for this!! done the drive and track wheels.......

all treated,primed and ready to rock!!

I have a question tho!!embarrassed......They are obviously dry fitted,when do you guys paint,or fix ?!! In my dim and distant past i used to paint everything and then stick!!........But i want to do better these days,so,with these tricky bits-how do you all approach it.............If anyone`s watching obviously!!

Well,now i`m going to start the tracks for this one,laborious i know,but at least with my trusty Dog with me as ever!!................Hey,Mort......

.....Thanks mate!!!disgustwink 2

Edited By Andy Smith 1 on 15/03/2012 19:59:31

Edited By Andy Smith 1 on 15/03/2012 20:07:50

Johnny Gers15/03/2012 20:03:54
13111 forum posts
3675 photos
Will be watching this Andy.

Johnny
Tim Lane15/03/2012 20:06:46
340 forum posts
32 photos

Andy,

I'm on the same learning curve and got three kits on the go waiting for a proper paint job!smile p

Airbrush experimentation is fun but frustratingface 12

I like your 'constant companion' 'eat, sleep, wake up, eat, sleep,' it's a hard life!

Keep up the good work

Tim L

john keogh 115/03/2012 20:19:49
1823 forum posts
318 photos

Hi Andy, I usually paint the wheels asap then i fit and glue when the rest of the vehicle is finished,problem is not all vehicles are the same on a tamiya tiger 1 in 1/48 i did this then had to take off the side skirts and mud flaps to get the tracks onface 8 its a case of reading each vehicle i think with that vehicle i would get my base colour on then the wheels and tracks.

Ghostbuilder15/03/2012 20:38:33
2593 forum posts
891 photos

Well what can I say buddy, this came as a shock! smile o smile p

With regard to your weathering question, what sort of ground work are you planning? Dust, mud, sand, snow etc?

Richard. beer

Andy Smith 115/03/2012 21:19:03
4117 forum posts
1655 photos

Was just logging off when saw the replies chaps.....Thanks for your inputs!!teeth 2,!!

Johnny,nice one mate,keep watching-nice that you`re dropping in!!thumbs up,

Tim- Yeah,you`re right sir!!.......A very steep learning curve indeed......but i think it`s definately worth the trials and tribs of trying to get a bit usefull at it!!disgust ........Mort has abandand me......even a brainless dog seems to just know mind bending tracks can be!!disgust

John,thanks for that,i`ve taken that on board,Funny really,but i seem to be almost afraid to have a go at my stuff in case i make a mistake!!sad,but,i`m just a re-born modster!!embarrassed,

Ghosty!!.....This was a build i was going to do in October last year.....But,the BMW took a while!!surprise,it`s still tied into the Dio i¬m going to atempt with the PAK 40(`s),Troops,Stug (STUGGS!!),and a lot of scratch ground/building work!!,It`ll take me a while......I`m the Tortoise,not the Hare!!.......But i`ll get there,stage by stage.......a bit like Danny`s Dio coming together!!!smile d

I HAVE A PLAN!!........Just hope i live long enough to finish it!!....HA!!face 20,

Cheers guys,

Andy

Danny.dj.15/03/2012 21:35:30
1266 forum posts
719 photos

Hi Andy i paint the wheels and the chasis seperately and then stick em onwink

But thats me?

Cheers.

(PS don,t rush it,take your timecheeky)

Danny,

Simon Hammerton15/03/2012 22:22:30
4538 forum posts
251 photos
2 articles
Hi Andy

I built this a few years back.

I dry fitted the wheels, then built upper and lower track runs. The uppers started at the 12o/c position on the drive sprockets, and ran to the 6o/c on the rearmost roadwheel. The lowers filling in the rest. This allowed a good level of sag in the top runs.

Once the track runs were dry they were removed for painting, as were the wheels and sorockets.

Axle stubs were masked - along with the trackguard locating points,and the hull painted.

Once all the painted sub- assemblies were fitted (wheels, tracks, guards etc), the whole model was weathered to tie it all together.

It's a fun little kit, enjoy.

Simon
Tim White 116/03/2012 17:33:51
15004 forum posts
3013 photos

Andy

Looks like a great job, matethumbs up. Your dog seems to have the same intense work ethic as cat face 20.

Cheers

Timcat

Ghostbuilder16/03/2012 18:35:53
2593 forum posts
891 photos

Hey mate.....

That photo of Mort above... Is that the first airbrush attempt at a feathered black and white cammo scheme? smile p......Looks like he's waiting to go into the washing machine there mate. Good job Vallejo are water based, a cup full of "Oxy 10" should shift it wink 2

Cheers beer

Richard.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd
Fantasy Printshop
Euro Militaire 2013
Advertise
Shopping Partners
Product of the month
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Miltary Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Euromilitaire Website