By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

New man cave plus-

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Danny.dj.21/03/2012 16:58:14
1287 forum posts
746 photos

Hi fellas!

Just to say i have,nt had time for any modeling the last week or so,because i,m busy converting our garage into my new modeling room!cheeky.

My lovely wife has given me permission to do this BUT only if i build a car port!.so as you can imagine i will be busy for a few weeksfrown,but i will(if i have enough strength?)be loggimg on and watching what you are all up towink 2thank god my good mate Jeff will be helping me.Of course i will keep you all updated on our progress and will post photos!

Cheers

Danny.

jimbo21/03/2012 18:13:27
8822 forum posts
1358 photos

Hi Danny

Sounds good. What gets done first - mancave or car port? face 20 Bet it's the car port!

Jim

Danny.dj.21/03/2012 18:21:42
1287 forum posts
746 photos

How did you guess Jim!face 20

Danny.

Tim White 121/03/2012 19:27:51
15142 forum posts
3013 photos

Nanny

You need to get 'Too Tall' in to helpthumbs upteeth 2.

Cheers

Timcat

NB Oh yeah, I'm like a little dog with a bone keeping annoying typos going to the gravenerd

Andy Smith 121/03/2012 19:48:22
4649 forum posts
1864 photos

Get on there Danny mate-that`s the way to go......the first thing i did when we moved in here was to fit out the garage as a workshop.........Well.......Almost!!!wink 2,

You won`t regret it-so much space for ALL your hobbies.......Well,that`s what i thought.......now i wanna extend it......as i`ve said to Rachel-"No dear,i haven`t got TOO MUCH STUFF........i just don`t have enough space"!!!!teeth 2,Not sure what you`ve got in mind for yours mate,but,i`ve recently put heavy duty carpet tiles down (not glued,they lay nice`n flat) so any "accidents",and you just lift the tile and replace it,also,i boarded out the roof with 4x2 9mm plaster board(UNDER the beams mind so they`re not load bearing),cheap and easy stuff to do and,boy,does it improve the warmth,lighting ..........and acoustics for your Rock Tracks blaring out!!smile d,

As for the carport mate........Sod that for a lark,glad i`ve got my van,don`t do cars anymore!!!......good luck with it-OR,talk your lady into getting a VW T5......you both will never look back!!yes,

Hope you`ll do a special "Mancave" blog for your progress,i`d like to see that!smile p,

Will be watching out for posts buddy,

Andy

Danny.dj.21/03/2012 20:23:23
1287 forum posts
746 photos

Well Andy,i don,t want to boast or anything but i,m having under floor heating and laminate flooring laidface 20.

A new roof(because the old one was leaking!) The space will be done in two halves,one my hobby room and the other for workshop and swmbo,sfemalescooter.The walls will be done in wood so as to hang shelves,and i will also be fitting  new windows and doorsface 7So all in all a lot of work for me and my mate which will cost me a fortune in beerbut hey you only live oncewink 2.

ATB

Danny.

Edited By danny. on 21/03/2012 20:25:04

Edited By danny. on 21/03/2012 20:26:00

Peter C23/03/2012 18:30:57
6197 forum posts
1762 photos

Now I get it... give those fingers a well earned rest. Around a chilled beer glass sounds idealwink 2

Pete

Craig Hiscock24/03/2012 08:42:23
16839 forum posts
6063 photos
11 articles

Core sounds like a great project Danny and confess to being a little jealous, Take loads of pics wont you i love to see these things develop thumbs up

Craig

Danny.dj.24/03/2012 09:32:37
1287 forum posts
746 photos

Thanks Craigsmilebut as i have said to the guys this will be a long buildwink 2so it will take a while before i can get pics up of the progresssmile p. It will take a week just to clear everything before we can get started,and to keep swmbo happy the car port is first on the agendasad.But never mind"i,m getting a mancave"face 20.

ATB.

Danny.

Andy Smith 124/03/2012 18:39:38
4649 forum posts
1864 photos

Danny......Underfloor heating??!!.....You posh git!!wink 2, You`re right,this project is gonna cost you a bit mate,i`ve done a few installations of that  for places,and even tho they were for very large houses,it`ll still be a pricey business with all the prep done correctly....I would have to say,well worth the effort tho!!teeth 2,

Dunno about "Changing" your garage buddy-if you`re talking New walls,New roof and obviously a new floor,sounds like it`d be easier to simply knock it all down and start new!!wink 2.............Go on..........You know you wanna!!devil,

Top effort mate,i agree with Craig....Would like to see the progress!!smile p

Cheers,

Andy

Edited By Andy Smith 1 on 24/03/2012 18:41:36

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Fantasy Printshop
EuroMilitaire 2014
MIG Productions
The Airbrush Co Ltd
Advertise
Casemate
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Miltary Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Euromilitaire Website