By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Walking along the D-Day beaches for Help for Heroes!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Nick Kelly28/04/2012 22:44:55
614 forum posts
296 photos

Good evening Chaps,

Hope you are all well

I've been away for a while but be assured, I've been looking in as much as I can even if I haven't always posted

Recently I've been busy arranging a fundraiser for Help for Heroes.

Myself and Steffi will be walking from Le Havre to Cherbourg over a week to raise money for the boys and girls who put their lives on the line for Queen and Country. We'll be taking rations with us and camping along the way.

So, my question to you gents is will you sponsor me? I have set up a fundraising website, linked straight to H4H so any money donated goes straight to them.

Website

I will take pictures along the way so If anyone wants pictures of anywhere drop me a line below and I shall see if its on route

My very best regards,

Nick

Edited By Nick Kelly on 28/04/2012 22:46:12

Carlos6928/04/2012 22:52:08
6696 forum posts
1559 photos

Good lad Nick,great you and your partner are doing this !!! Great cause thumbs up

I will sponsor you will take a look.

Let's have some pics though anyway ! ; )

Carl

Robin Buckland29/04/2012 12:32:55
10792 forum posts
35374 photos
3166 articles

Hi Nick,

Best of luck to you both with this, I'll have a look at the website too. cake

Robin thumbs up

jimbo29/04/2012 14:06:33
8647 forum posts
1322 photos

Hi Nick

Good on you both. I hope you have a great time for this great charity. I have sponsored you willingly.

Jim

We MUST have piccies pleaseface 20

Edited By jimbo on 29/04/2012 14:07:39

Tim White 129/04/2012 14:33:13
15142 forum posts
3013 photos

Nick

Tried (three timesface 4) to donate through the site, but wouldn't accept the cardcrying 2. Bank has confirmed all is well and no issues or transactions. Suspect the donation site may have a problem.

PM me your address / bank details and I'll send you a cheque (if I can find my chequebooknerd in the dust) or transfer some money direct. Might be worth having a word with the website.

Great cause and you have my full respect for doing something so worthythumbs up.

Cheers

Timcat

jimbo29/04/2012 15:24:26
8647 forum posts
1322 photos

Hi Tim

Donation site worked fine for me half an hour ago and confirmation email received. It may hopefully be OK later.

Jim

Craig Hiscock29/04/2012 15:26:55
16777 forum posts
6038 photos
11 articles

What a great cause, i will donate when funds become available. Yes i think a nice picture diary is called for in fact a nice trip blog would be great wink 2

Craig

Nick Kelly29/04/2012 19:11:16
614 forum posts
296 photos

Hey Guys,

I shall make sure we take some sort of charger for the camera and will get PLENTY of pictures for you, I will try my best to get a day by day blog up retrospectively We should know how much actual sight seeing we can get in after the first days hike.

I know a lot of the museums aren't keen on photographs but I'd like to think I'm quite good at covert photography

Thank you all for your interest in this trip, the cause is something I feel very strongly about. Theres a fella from my school who lost half an arm and both his legs in Iraq , it's something that few of us could ever understand and something he will have to live with for the rest of his life.

Carlos, 

I'll try to take as many as my memory card will allow :P Cheers for the support matey

Jim,

Thank you for your generous donation Anything in particular you'd like to see pictured in the blog?

Robin,

Thanks for the support

Tim,

Hello Sir!

I have problems with that kind of stuff at work face 20 All I could suggest is to try again a bit later if you still have trouble PM me and I'll get some details across to you.

Mr. Hiscock!

Glad you support the cause I shall, on your recommendation, make a blog of the week I'm really looking forward to going, I've been once before but didn't get to see half the stuff I would have liked to sad Thanks for the support mate

Really glad so many of you appreciate why I'm doing this and want to help too

If you have any request for photos please feel free to post em up

Regards,

Nick

Edited By Nick Kelly on 29/04/2012 19:12:42

Tim White 129/04/2012 21:24:43
15142 forum posts
3013 photos

Nick

It worked, it workedteeth 2thumbs up.

As said, full respect for that which you're doing for a very worthy cause indeed.

Photos? Suffering, pleaseface 20. Not your family, just youface 20. Think 'Ice Cold in Alex' or 'Flight of the Phoenix'nerd. Dunes, gasping, you know, that kind of thingteeth 2. Precious little chance of sunburn, but do your best sir, do your bestface 14.

Cheers

Timcat

Robert C (BB)29/04/2012 22:04:48
1713 forum posts
484 photos

Hello Nick,

I assume you have nothing against a donation from across the pond?.....too late, already done!wink

Have a great time doing the walk!....sounds like an fun adventure, and a good cause.

Regards to you both!

Cheers!

BB

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
EuroMilitaire 2014
MIG Productions
Fantasy Printshop
Advertise
The Airbrush Co Ltd
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Miltary Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Euromilitaire Website