What a week!

Not a very good one....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Chris Meddings04/05/2012 09:28:25
9761 forum posts
775 photos

Hi Guys, I'm finally back!

Its been a bit of a tough week though.....

On monday I was sick as the proverbial parrot, so much so that when my wife got home from organising the movers in the unloading of our UK possessions into our new home in Singapore she called an ambulance and I ended up spending two days in hospital being prodded, tested and on a drip. Luckily, although I was pretty sick on the monday, by Wednesday I was walking wounded and was allowed to go home. SGH took great care of me though and I am in their debt yes

Feeling a bit worse for wear, but bascially happy it wasn't anything really serious I was glad to go to our new place with the family for a rest.

However, when I got there, my wife broke the news that the international movers, a big name in the business, had been less than careful with my models when they were packed. It turens out all they did ws wrap some paper round them then pile them one on top of another in a box

The net result is that Company, Ringer, The Hitler Line dio, The Road to Bardia dio, two shermans, my MkI Crusader that was in Milmod magazine, one of my Dieppe Dingos, and a number of other models are completely smashed beyond repair.crying 2

Then to cap it all, our new ISP thinks Milmod isn't suitable for family viewing and blocked it! Its taken me two days to work out how to access the site again face 5

So not my best week ever BUT I am back and things can onl get better from here!smile

Looking forward to catching up

Chris

John Prigent04/05/2012 12:33:51
2308 forum posts
490 photos
1 articles

Very sorry to hear about your models, Chris, but glad you're recovered from whatever had hit you - and back on site there! Ihope you've already put in a claim against the removal men for the full prices that you'd have asked if you were ever to sell those models.

(I did try to post that on your Facebook page, but being an ignoramus at such things I failed.)

Cheers

John

Edited By John Prigent on 04/05/2012 12:34:22

Robin Buckland04/05/2012 14:24:21
10968 forum posts
36119 photos
3233 articles

Hi Chris,

Firstly, glad to hear you are on the road to recovery, must have been an unpleasant couple of daysthumbs up.

Tragic news about the models, and having spent 13 years (a long time ago) in the international removal business shipping households and (very) valuable artwork around the world I am saddened to hear this was what your packers have done crying 2. Best solution for packing models for shipping, inside a double wall cardboard shipping box is to use expanded polystyrene chips (of suitable size/type) appropriate for the models. Sometimes get very fragile bit break off, but shouldn't get a total loss. sad

Can only hope things get better now you have your own family things around you again

Robin

Chris Meddings04/05/2012 14:37:35
9761 forum posts
775 photos

THOSE OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION LOOK AWAY NOW!

To add insult to injury, apparently they don't pay out for replacement, only repair.....

Johan04/05/2012 15:48:52
599 forum posts
443 photos
I can hardly believe this is serious. So much work and great models.

I suggest you have them repaired at their cost. At any cost. You should explain to them that this is art.

Don't let this demoralize you.

Johan

Harvey Pincis04/05/2012 16:01:36
2019 forum posts
142 photos

Chris,

Nasty Sir, Nasty!

Glad the medical situation is ok though thumbs up.

Harvey

SteveM04/05/2012 16:34:56
1145 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Chris ,

sorry to hear you've been so unwell but glad to hear you're well on the mend thumbs up

real shame about the models....the movers are right bunch of 'T' pots!angry 2

Cheers

Stevebeer

Edited By Robin Buckland on 04/05/2012 18:24:56

Simon Hammerton04/05/2012 18:17:47
4917 forum posts
257 photos
2 articles
Jeez Mate.

Surely you've some comeback with the shipping company.

What they did was a sick joke.

Simon
Tony Dill 204/05/2012 18:21:32
5239 forum posts
2983 photos
3 articles

Hi Chris,

Sorry to your about your misfortunes and I do hope that things do take a turn for the better from here.

I am saddened by the pictures of the devestation that has been wrought upon models that have have become familiar both by the exposure that they received upon the site and in the pages of Mil Mod Mag.

regards

Tonysmile d

Mike Mortimore04/05/2012 18:50:34
906 forum posts
626 photos

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear of your illness, get well soon.

Really sorry to hear of the moving catastrophe, I had a similar experience from a very high profile firm, and they damaged stuff before they got it packed, I threw them out the house.

Johan's advice on repair and making the company pay may be the only way out, might have to bite the bullet so to speak.

So your in Singapore you lucky person!!!! I loved it there back in 70/ 71, mind you its probably changed alot now.

Look forward to seeing more of your work when you get settled.

Cheers Mikedog

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
MIG Productions
Advertise
The Airbrush Co Ltd
Casemate
Fantasy Printshop
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Miltary Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Euromilitaire Website