...the not so speedy Italian....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Tony Dill 211/06/2012 00:02:26
5623 forum posts
3282 photos
3 articles

Hi Guys,

As a sidebar from building P-51's I have decided to do an armoured project for a change and while rummaging through the stash, this quirky little Italian from Italeri caught my eye.

I found this image and it basically tells the entire story, the Autoblinda armoured car mounted on rails to serve as anti-partisan patrol vehicles and were used mostly in The Balkans by the Italian army and later by the Germans

FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES

Well the kit includes a section of railroad track and that is really all that I have managed to get together at this stage.

AutoBlinda

go here for a detailed description of the car!

Regards

Tonysmile d

Mark Bannerman11/06/2012 00:05:36
3178 forum posts
860 photos
5 articles

Excellent choice Tony !... Pulling up a chair yes

Mark

Tony Dill 211/06/2012 00:07:47
5623 forum posts
3282 photos
3 articles

Hi Mark,

So glad to see and have you here. I did the Sahariana some time back and really enjoyed it, so I anticipating this one eagerly.face 1

Tonysmile d

Craig Hiscock11/06/2012 00:09:48
17650 forum posts
6533 photos
11 articles

Should prove interesting Tony, having not seen one of these built it should make it an interesting one to follow thumbs up

Craig

VI11/06/2012 00:42:23
2663 forum posts
992 photos

Hi Tony,

A nice choice something different, I'll follow along.thumbs up

Cheers

VI

Peter C11/06/2012 07:44:29
6633 forum posts
821 photos

Nice choice Tony. I'm in.

Pete

Dean Wynford11/06/2012 14:09:48
383 forum posts
233 photos

Cool Tony. I'll tag along too if you don't mind teeth 2

Really unusual kit. You gonna do a bit of a dio with this one?

Dean

Tony Dill 211/06/2012 23:46:02
5623 forum posts
3282 photos
3 articles

Hi Chaps,

Not had much chance to do very much today except a very, very small amount of work. I'll update this in a second.

A great big hearty welcome and thanks for joining me in this blog to Craig, VI, Pete and Dean!  Pull up a chair mates and reach for your favourite cocktail!

Italeri provide a short section of track slightly longer than the car to display it on and to answer Dean's question, I might very well mount this on some kind of base just to round the whole thing off. Just something simple, some ground work and some ballast as I don't have any Italian figures so a whole diorama is out of the question.

I am not going to have much chance to model till maybe thursday/friday so thanks for the patience chaps!

Regards

Tonysmile d

Edited By Tony Dill 2 on 11/06/2012 23:47:27

Tony Dill 212/06/2012 09:57:48
5623 forum posts
3282 photos
3 articles

Morning all,

Well much to my surprise, I have actually managed to get some work done here this morning, as I am off to work in 30 minutes. This will be a shortish update.

The main work starts off with the chassis and this is made up of seperate memFrobers front, sides, back and pan. So it is vital that this is square or else the wheels will not all touch the rails. Fortunately the car has a very solid, chunky construction which Italeri have captured well.

Looking at the chassis pan - front is on the left.....

From the side the chunkiness of the sidemembers and the heavy springs are noticable....

Looking at it from the rear ....note the strengthening braces. They do help, I can tell you....

And this is where I am at present, I have started adding the chassis components, lower wishbones, etc.....

And that is where I am able to reach to today!

Thanks for watching guys!

Best wishes

Tonysmile d

Edited By Tony Dill 2 on 12/06/2012 09:59:26

jimbo12/06/2012 11:03:25
13794 forum posts
2610 photos

Hi Tony

Looks very interesting and unusual. I shall follow along and see how you manage a kit without wings face 20. Nice start - all looks square and neat.

Jim

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
Expo Tools July 14
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbylink November 2
HLJ December
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest