By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

A surprise from Value Gear

I decided to get a couple of sets from the above manufacturer after seeing a report somewhere on how good they are, and what a lovely surprise they were.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Geoffrey Charman23/01/2013 15:42:58
603 forum posts
471 photos

I cannot believe how good these are, after hearing bad reports about resin stuff I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality, crispness, minimal cleaning, service and extremely good price of these tents,tarps and boxes.Resin sets washed

Resin sets washed

p1060952.jpg

p1060953.jpg

The above 4 pics are how each item came out of the bag, these have been washed, and awaiting drying, as I wanted to get a few painted I cleaned up five and that didn't take long as there wasn't a lot the do, just a scrape over the bottom edges where they came out of the mould, but to be honest it could have been left on.

After drying and cleaning up I attached each item to strips of model kit box cardboard with double sided tape and sprayed with Halfords grey car primer. after watching a few hours of evening TV, I started to paint them with Vallejo acrylics, managed to get the 5 painted and gave them a coat of Citadel washes before bed.

First few primed, painted, washed and dry-brushed

p1060960.jpg

This morning I gave them a very light dry-brushing of my usual white Artist's Oils paint.

Chris Meddings23/01/2013 15:45:36
9828 forum posts
791 photos
5 articles

very nice indeed, thanks for posting Geoffthumbs up

Michael McLaughlin23/01/2013 15:53:42
5585 forum posts
2787 photos
11 articles

Hi Geoff,

Very nice indeed and you've made a lovely job of them toothumbs up

Regards
Mike

Andy Scott23/01/2013 15:55:43
246 forum posts
424 photos

Hi Geoff, thanks for the review.

This has come at exactly the right time for me as was looking for some cheap accessories and stowage kits for my next few planned tanks builds.

They look ideal and very reasonablly priced too. Might be just the thing to get involved in the scary world of resin

Andy

Geoffrey Charman23/01/2013 15:55:58
603 forum posts
471 photos

Thanks Chris, as you probably noticed I am so impressed with this product, and I believe in the saying "Credit where credits due" and this is true with this one.

Bye the way I have no connection to Value Gear or Steve Munsell the owner, just very satified customer

Geoff

Edited By Geoffrey Charman on 23/01/2013 16:04:07

Geoffrey Charman23/01/2013 16:00:58
603 forum posts
471 photos

Thanks Mike.

Andy, I had the same thinking as you regarding resin but these, as I said above don't really need any cleaning up, just a good washingup liquid soapy wash to remove the mould release agent and a prime and you are away.

Geoff

Carlos FigureArt23/01/2013 16:50:21
7139 forum posts
1773 photos

Geoff what bad reports of resin have you heard ? resin items such as these and figures etc... are normally always superb these days and need very little work and offering a tonne of sharper detail over plastic. The Verlinden, Royal Model, Blast models etc equivalents are also a very high quality, no flash to clean etc ... resin is sometimes clean up free with items such as these.

Carl

Road of Bones23/01/2013 16:54:12
3464 forum posts
3048 photos

I bought 4 sets of Value Gear boxes and tarps just after Christmas, and not only are they just as good as Geoffrey says, they turned up in double-quick time, with an extra bag of boxes and tarps too! The bloke who runs the business seems a thoroughly nice chap to boot, and he sent me a few pics of his latest Sherman stowage projects. To be honest, when there's stuff this good and fairly-priced, with such great service- why bother making your own?

Terry Taylor23/01/2013 17:03:06
1812 forum posts
1603 photos

perhaps AC models should get him to pour his stuff

Terry

Robert Court23/01/2013 17:10:50
4385 forum posts
732 photos

I have only bought one set but still had a bonus in the package and very fast servicethumbs up

I'll be back as they say in Hollywoodwink 2

bob

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest