By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

1:32 Trench Sections

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
DESPRE Xavier30/12/2014 20:50:25
8 forum posts
5 photos

very nice and interesting work.

It reminds me the trenches where I played, when I was young, in the north of France.

Callmehobbes31/12/2014 12:07:40
183 forum posts
10 photos

One of my favourite threads of 2014. Great stuff.

Andrew Belsey 205/01/2015 18:26:35
1982 forum posts
1130 photos

Thanks Guys! I've only just noticed these. Christmas was busy and I'm suffering from a bit of lack of modelling mojo. Your comments are an encouragement!

Guillermo Senatore25/02/2015 12:39:04
8 forum posts

Astoning work, really thanks for sharing, this is so unusual as pretty.

Andrew Belsey 225/02/2015 20:45:17
1982 forum posts
1130 photos

Thanks Guillermo. These have been on the back burner for a while. I'm working on small WW1 tanks at the moment. I really must get the figures painted!

Andy B

Andrew Belsey 207/04/2015 18:26:41
1982 forum posts
1130 photos

I've been playing with the soil on my latest batch of sections. I'm trying to vary the colour of each of them and have chosen to have one of them in chalk soil again. For this I use real chalk in various grades and then mix it with real sieved soil in places. I'm now beginning to add tall grass made from the bristles of large masonry brush died greenimg_6428.jpg

None of these are finished as I work on them in several sessions. The pillbox soil is going to end up quite wet and I'm trying to make the French soil quite yellow.

Andrew Belsey 208/04/2015 21:06:09
1982 forum posts
1130 photos

I've had to cut down the height of most of my grass today as I realized that it would not fit within the parameters of my acrylic cases. So I can only fit in short grass! It's either that or remake all my cases!

As before, I'd value comments and criticism from you! (I'm not after admiration, just some feedback.)

Jay-BFG08/04/2015 22:11:36
5447 forum posts
1411 photos
1 articles

Always amazed at your pieces, but lets see some figures in them. Do you have a plan on which figures your going to use?

p.s. I hope you're better now

Andrew Belsey 209/04/2015 18:54:07
1982 forum posts
1130 photos

Thanks Jay. Yes, I'm still putting off the figures! Having Adrian Bay as a best friend means that the standard I set is impossible, so I keep going back to the scenics, which I'm more comfortable with! (I even get to advise him a bit)

When I get the money for the last article, I've warned my wife that some more figures will be ordered! I do have 2 more figures waiting to be finished though, so I'd better extract my digit!

ps. I'm nearly better thanks, but still get tired. I got my wife's cold while recovering from pleurisy. I had to doze at lunchtime today instead of planting grass!

Andrew Belsey 209/04/2015 21:45:40
1982 forum posts
1130 photos

I've had a quiet evening and brought the diorama home, so I did some grass planting. I'll be doing a little more tinkering tomorrow if I have the energy.

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest