By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

KFS's FV432

Convert FV432 to a Royal Signals Ptarmigan Radio Relay FV439.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bobby Dale05/09/2017 09:29:24
1659 forum posts
1347 photos

Tony

Phernomenal work and finish , Blanford are getting a wonderful display, your attention to detail and skills just blow me away top draw stuff .

I also ditto's Howards sentiment about seeing the finished article and about seeing it all light up for Christmas .

Work beyond compare

Bobby.

Steve Jones 1205/09/2017 16:54:44
3461 forum posts
8720 photos

Tony

Well its been a long time coming but well worth waiting for - every blinking bit of it! Stunning work. A real museum piece. I hope it gets to go on public display as everyone should get a chance to see this work of art. Well done sir

Steve

Tony Mousley05/09/2017 19:29:12
102 forum posts
240 photos

Thanks guys for the positive remarks. I know it's been a long time coming & appreciate what you all say.

I've emailed the Sig's Museum a few month ago but heard nowt back but I do believe the museum is run by volunteers & both of my projects (Radio Relay & FV439) belong there & not in boxes.

The RR will also be placed in a display case very soon.

When the 9 is all buttoned up I'll get the pics on here, hopefully they'll work as my first attempt failed, everything's crossed? lol.

final pic 2.jpgfinal pic 1.jpg

Scottie05/09/2017 19:58:00
5602 forum posts
789 photos
1 articles

Tony,

​That is a brilliant build beautifully detailed.

Scottie

Mick Charlesworth05/09/2017 19:58:58
1679 forum posts
419 photos

Hi Tony

Just had a very enjoyable catch up with these builds. Stunning pieces of work, more to be very proud of.

Mick

Stephen Manson07/09/2017 12:08:30
7 forum posts

Hi Tony

Drop me a line via Facebook (Stephen Manson) as I help out with the Ptarmigan display at the museum and good contacts with them.

Charlie

Tony Mousley10/09/2017 16:14:56
102 forum posts
240 photos

Change of plan guys....

Now I have contact (Stephen) with the Sig's Museum, unfortunately there is very little natural light, this is to protect the exhibitions, solar panels are now 'out-the-window'.

I've now got a power supply that is 4.5v 1.2 amps but I'll need to revamp my circuit board as they were separate circuits but are feeding off one power supply now so I can reduce what's on the board.

Laters

Tony Mousley12/09/2017 21:49:16
102 forum posts
240 photos

New circuit board to take mains power, seems to be working at mo? LED's seem brighter with a constant mains power. I'll keep these running for a while to test. 3 LED's on right are permanently on, other 2 are blinking at different speeds but I think one fibre optic has failed on one of those, we'll see when it's connected? Hell of a lot neater, or am I just getting better? lol

20170912_211538_resized.jpg

20170912_211540_resized.jpg

20170912_211542_resized.jpg

RecyMech13/09/2017 08:36:20
844 forum posts
386 photos

Blinkin eck.......... (I'll get me coat)

thumbs upthumbs up

H

Stephen Manson13/09/2017 13:40:15
7 forum posts

Tony

How about reducing the voltage. If you increase the resistor it will only create more heat which might cause other issues.

The Museum are planning on rearranging one of the display cabinets to host both models including power availability. Though they have been cheeky and asked if you are planning on building any more? teeth 2

Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Hobbylink November 2
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ Oct
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest