By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

KFS's FV432

Convert FV432 to a Royal Signals Ptarmigan Radio Relay FV439.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tony Mousley13/09/2017 22:42:27
102 forum posts
240 photos

Stephen

The resistors/capacitors were based on the 5v solar panels & when I set it to 4.5v the blinking LED's started to play up & then stop working. I've now put it to 5v which now reduces it to below 1 amp & 1 is now blinking again & 1 is permanently on.

This ain't over by a long shot but I'll get there in the end.

As for another build, yes my next project is a Bedford RL, Bruin, Radio Relay with the C70 Radios hooked up to a wrecka (go back to page 13), I'm replicating that. I've got both kits (Curtesy of H at KFS) & have already started, my stumbling block here is info on the inside of the pod with the C70 radios & what was inside the pod? They weren't as busy as the Ptarmigan RR's but I can't find anything on the C70's & can't remember what the blowers looked like as the sets were valve driven & the blowers kept em cool but I am talking over 30 years ago, all I can remember is when you started to tune em....6AK5W1 followed by 6AK5W2 & they were a bitch when they went out of track lol......Hold on.....both LED's are blinking now, the circuit board has a mind of it's own at the mo lol

Later

Stephen Manson14/09/2017 17:37:33
7 forum posts

Well when you get to the museum, you might find some C70 kit knocking around

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1778619742178916&set=a.671557406218494.1073741827.100000927227052&type=3&theater

and no thats not me in the photo

Charlie

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Hobbylink November 2
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Oct
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest